“We all want quiet. We all want beauty. We all need space. Unless we have it, we cannot reach that sense of quiet in which whispers of better things come to us gently.”
– Octavia Hill, 1883, Founder of The National Trust
Soul Retreats – Residential
Unplug, unwind, take time out to rest, relax and reconnect with your soul
Many of us lead very stressful lives and we do not give ourselves the chance, either to rest, or to review what might need changing to reduce stress in our lives. We have often lost touch with our ability to relax and with our internal intuitive resources.
A retreat offers you the opportunity for deep relaxation, self-healing and a chance to reflect on your lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of normal life. This facilitates access to your own innate source of wisdom, a place where you can find supportive answers to any current dilemmas.
Upcoming Retreat for 2023
Soul Retreat in Cornwall, 14th – 17th September, 2023, £325
Three days and an evening by the sea on the Cornish coast invoking a close connection to wild nature and to our souls.
A unique opportunity to join a small retreat (maximum 4 participants) based in a delightful flat with stunning views on a cliff top above a lovely beach in Porthtowan, a village on the North Cornish coast.
This place is imbued with a special sense of both stillness and creativity. It has a habit of sweeping away your worries and cares, leaving you deeply rested, relaxed and refreshed and so much more in touch with your intuitive wise inner self or soul. And you will probably be utterly mesmerised by the beauty of the landscape of cliffs and beach and by the ever-changing sea and huge sky.
During our time together we will enjoy guided meditation and relaxation, reflection, journaling, walking and creating a labyrinth on the beach. There will also be options for colouring mandalas. While much of this retreat will be enjoyed in silence, we will have the opportunity to get to know each other and chat over supper on Thursday evening.
Thursday: arrival at 6pm for orientation and introduction to the retreat; supper at 7pm; we finish at 8.30pm.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: arrive at 9.15am for a 9.30am start, finishing the day at 5.00pm; you will be given an itinerary for each day that will include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
What’s not included
Your accommodation & breakfast for 4 nights from Thursday-Sunday.
Supper on Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Some Important Points to Consider
- The venue for this retreat is on a cliff top and so there are lots of stairs up and down to the beach and down into the village. You must agree to take full responsibility for your own safety outside the flat.
- The weather in Cornwall is completely unpredictable although in Porthtowan we do seem to enjoy a favourable micro-climate. The retreat will carry on regardless of the weather unless there’s a hurricane! Whatever the weather it is always spectacular and enjoyable.
- The food will be mostly vegetarian with some fish or meat options and all home-made. Let me know if you have any medical dietary requirements.
- If you decide to join us, I recommend you organise your accommodation as soon as possible. There are lots of Airbnb’s in Porthtowan.
- The nearest village with plenty of bed & breakfast places is St Agnes, 8 minutes away by car.
- Porthtowan has a village store, a healthy vegetarian store, and for suppers an excellent fish and chip shop (serving gluten free batter), the Unicorn and Blue Bar restaurants, both informal. There is also a lovely Beach Cafe but only open during the day.
I have over 20 years’ experience practising meditation, facilitating groups and running both day and residential retreats. In my youth I was a chalet girl, ran large conferences and then had a small catering partnership organising weddings and parties. I’m also a qualified Labyrinth facilitator and a qualified Journey Practitioner trained in supporting clients experiencing emotional trauma.
The price of the retreat is £325
What people have said…
“Thank you for the most amazing retreat at your beautiful flat in Porthtowan. There was a lightness and joy to the retreat which I loved. I didn’t know what to expect other than the wild landscape and your wonderful energy. The retreat was exquisite. I was amazed at how quickly we all dropped into stillness and how profound and life-changing the messages are that I got from my time with the sea and the landscape. I loved how you facilitated the retreat combining your guidance and wisdom with the wisdom and support of nature”
“I experienced stillness within. I felt totally supported by you as the facilitator and by the elements in the natural landscape which encouraged deep introspection and a clearing out of old emotions and past hurts to make room for a new mindset and new ways of engaging with the world. It was beautiful from start to finish.”
“I loved it all. Your wise presence, guidance and uplifting energy; the space you have created and generously shared with us. The structure supported me gently and clearly helping me to embrace and embody the process of yielding, releasing and receiving that was so needed and will stay with me. The interplay of with nature, its wildness and beauty deeply fed my soul. The food was delicious and nourishing. Thank you.”